If you are looking for a professional aluminum die casting supplier in China, Inox will be your first choice, we can customize any die casting parts with competitive cost and high quality standard level.
- Over 20 years experienced engineering development
- All process in house from concept to delivery your products, such as R&D, Making tooling, Die casting, CNC, finishing etc.
- Die casting all aluminum alloy like ADC10, ADC12, A360, A380, EN AC-46000, EN AC-47100 etc.
- High precision Die Casting parts for Any Industry
- Strictly process control acc to SOP
- Low MOQ from 500 pcs
Your reliable Aluminum Die Casting Supplier in China
At Inoxcast, you can find the broadest selection of aluminum die casting. We aim to be your most reliable partner of aluminum die casting in China.
We are offering high-quality aluminum die casting, premium services, and cost-effective solutions.
Your business will surely skyrocket with Inox aluminum die casting! Request a quote today!
Latest Die Casting Parts We Finished for Global Clients
Gear box aluminum die casting part has undergone process through melting, die casting, deburring, CNC, quality inspection, etc. Based on the TS16949 quality certification requirements.
High precision CNC process to guarantee your precise dimension requirments after die casting. For example Valve parts we made, tolerance we can reach very tight requirements.
High quality Medical Aluminum die casting part supply to top level Medical equipment device brand.
Inox also made generator housing aluminum die cast parts for clients, we can make different surface treatments like sand-blasting, nickle-plating etc.
Inox Cast offers HPDC Aluminum Alloy Die Casting solution for Telecom industry for over sea customs
This power tool casing is produced through high pressure aluminum die casting, with powder coating and silk-screen printing logo.
This die casting street light frame we offered for more than 10years with stable quality.
Car light housing die casting parts for after sale market, Japanese market.
High level cosmetic Aluminum die casting bracket for PC, with special silver painting technology.
Colorful and 15um thickness Ni plated for Japanese customised metal brake pedal after Alumimum die casting.
Food grade die casting parts for food mixer, vibration polishing in house.
The available materials for our aluminum die casting parts can be ADC10, ADC12, A360,A380, EN AC-46000, EN AC-47100…
Why Inox Aluminum Die Casting
- One Stop Die Casting Solution Provider
- Professional Mold flow Analysis -CAE
- In House Die Casting Tooling
- Advanced Die Casting Manufacturing
- Precise CNC Machining
- In House Surface Treatment
- More than 20 years experience in thousands Die Casting Parts for Different Industries
Expert Mold Flow Analysis - CAE
- Expert Mold Flow Analysis – CAE
- Before any physical tooling is made, Inox always proceeds the advanced CAE simulations, to achieve the best mold design.
- Foresee how the molten metal will flow and solidify
- Inside of the die casting part structure optimization
- “Pre-casting” in computer to foresee the potential defects
- Time and cost-saving of the casting tooling design
How we Control Your Parts Quality
Inox has multiple industry certifications and keeps improving the internal quality system to deliver our promise.
Die Casting Parts Surface Treatment
There are many Die Casting Parts Surface Treatment processes in house ready for your parts. Includes:
Aluminum Die Casting Alloy You Can Choose
You can choose a big range of material for your die casting parts from our strict IQC of all the raw material, such as:
Premier Aluminum Die Casting Parts Surface Treatment
Deburring: from media blasting, sanding, grinding, wire brushing, electrochemical deburring to manual deburring…
Polishing: For your cosmetic goods, polishing it to make the surface smooth and shiny.
Powder Coating: Powder coating is a dry coating process used as a metal finish. It is applied as dry powder through an electrostatic process, then cured with heat. …
Painting: Spray painting is a way of using the spray gun to use the air pressure, to generate uniform and fine fog droplets, and apply to the surface of the coated surface.
Anodizing: Aluminum anodizing is an electrochemical process that converts aluminum into aluminum oxide at the surface of the casting to improve the natural corrosion resistance.
Silk-screen printing: a type of print made with a stencil and a fine mesh screen. Ink is applied to and forced through the small holes in the screen leaving the covered area free from ink.
Inox Cast Aluminum Die Casting
|Al.&Zn. Die Casting Machine|
12 (up to 800 tons)
99 (up to 1200 tons)
|Hi Speed Electric Injection Machine|
11(up to 280 tons)
|2 Shots Injection Machine|
11 (up to 600 tons)
Powder Coating / Painting / Sand Blasting / Polishing / Anodizing / Chrome Plating
Inox Cast – A Leading Chinese Aluminum Die Casting Manufacturer
Does your business need a perfect aluminum die casting solution? Inox Cast is the best manufacturer for you. We offer cost-effective aluminum die casting solution with premier quality and unparalleled services.
For more than 20 years, we are a manufacturer specializing aluminum die casting providing excellent solutions and aluminum die casting molds. We constantly improve our production processes and customer’s competitive advantages.
For our aluminum die casting, we normally used high-quality aluminum materials. Despite of its lightweight, aluminum materials can withstand even the highest operating temperatures. We offer excellent aluminum die casting services from engineering, design, rapid prototype, molds manufacturing, and component production.
With our advanced technology, Inox can manufacture complex and complete aluminum die cast component. We have a dedicated R&D team that specializes in the aluminum die cast component prototype, molding, machining, and polishing.
Inox offers aluminum die casting solution for automotive, electric power fitting, industrial parts, marine hardware, agricultural machinery, machinery parts, construction parts, valve parts, and more. Inox is surely an expert in aluminum die casting.
We offer excellent aluminum die casting to customers from around the world. Our professional customer care service team will cater and accommodate your needs. We are offering high-quality aluminum die casting, premium services, and cost-effective solution.
Inquire now for more information about our aluminum die casting!
Inox Aluminum Die Casting
Aluminum die casting is the most common alloy used for the die casting process today, as it is used in a broad range of products. One of the main benefits of aluminum die cast parts is that they are very lightweight, while maintaining the ability to withstand the highest operating temperatures among all the die cast alloys.
Aluminum die cast parts have high thermal and electrical conductivity as well as EMI shielding. This makes aluminum an excellent choice for enclosures for networking and telecommunication applications as it provides shielding properties while providing effective heat dissipation for the electronic components housed inside. The lightness of aluminum die cast parts makes them an ideal choice for handheld applications such as power tools and other portable devices.
Our aluminum die casting facility consists of over 16 sets of cold chamber die casting machines with range up to 1300 Tons of maximum locking force.
Industries using aluminum die casting parts include:
- Marine Parts
- Aerospace Parts
- Power Tools
- Consumer Electronics
- Networking and Telecommunication
- Handheld Devices
Aluminum Alloys Use:
Aluminum Die Casting: The Ultimate FAQ Guide
In today’s guide, I will answer all your questions on aluminum die casting.
To be precise, this guide will help you become an expert in aluminum die casting industry.
Let’s get started:
- What Is Aluminum Die Casting?
- What Are The Advantages Of Aluminum Die Casting?
- Which Are The Different Aluminum Die Casting Tooling Available?
- What Is The Difference Between Conventional Hot Chamber Die Casting And Multi-Slide Dies Casting?
- Which Are Die Casting Techniques Applied In Aluminum Die Casting Process?
- How Does Hot Chamber Aluminum Die Casting Process Vs. Cold Chamber Aluminum Die Casting Process Compare?
- What Are The Components Of Hot Chamber Aluminum Die Casting Machine?
- How Do You Perform The Aluminum Die Casting Process?
- What Are The Key Considerations During Aluminum Die Casting Part Design?
- Which One Should You Use In Aluminum Die Casting: Primary Aluminum Or Secondary Aluminum?
- How Do You Minimize Aluminum Die Casting Part Porosity?
- What Are The Components Of Die Construction In Aluminum Die Casting?
- Which Are The Different Ways Of Activating Cores Slides In The Aluminum Die Casting Die?
- How Many Types Of Dies Are Used In The Production Of Aluminum Die Casting Parts?
- Which Are The Popular Aluminum Alloys Used In Aluminum Die Casting Process?
- Why Is Aluminum Alloy380 The Most Commonly Used Aluminum Die Casting Alloy?
- What Are The Applications Of Aluminum Die Casting Parts?
- Can You Make Thin-Walled Aluminum Die Casting Parts?
- What Are The Advantages Of Thin-Walled Aluminum Die Casting?
- How Does Squeeze Casting And Semi-Solid Molding Compare In Aluminum Die Casting Process?
- Are Aluminum Die Casting Parts Corrosion Resistant?
- Is Machining Of Aluminum Die Casting Part Possible?
- What Are The Post-Casting Operations In Aluminum Die Casting Process?
- Do The Features Of Aluminum Die Casting Part Affect The Surface Finishing?
- What Are The Surface Finishing Options For Aluminum Die Casting?
- Which Are Some The Design Guidelines For Improving Aluminum Dies Casting Surface Finish Results?
- Why Should You Apply Surface Finishes To Your Aluminum Die-Cast Component?
- How Can You Reduce The Cost Of Custom Aluminum Die Casting Parts?
- Are There Alternatives To Aluminum Die Casting?
- What Are The Important Tolerance Guidelines For Aluminum Die Casting Process?
- Which Are The Various Techniques Of Prototyping Aluminum Die Casting Design?
What Is Aluminum Die Casting?
It is a metal-casting process for making relatively complex aluminum parts.
The entire process involves heating aluminum ingots to extremely high temperatures until they become entirely molten.
In the molten state, the liquid is injected under high pressure into a mold.
It solidifies to form a smooth surface, which hardly requires a machining process.
You can repeat the process severally using the mold before it deteriorates, thus an ideal technique for mass production of aluminum components.
Aluminum die cast parts
What Are The Advantages Of Aluminum Die Casting?
Die casting offers several advantages over other available metal-forming processes such as the following;
- Allows you to produce comparatively complex shapes, which are not easily attainable when you use extrusion or machining methods.Moreover, it allows you to attain smooth surfaces consistently and gives capacity to accommodate large and small parts.
- It is the most affordable technique for producing different aluminum parts in mass volume.
- The aluminum parts it produces are generally hardy, exhibit incredible dimensional stability, and visually attractive.
- Aluminum die-casting creates lightweight parts and offers more surface finishing options.
Which Are The Different Aluminum Die Casting Tooling Available?
They are quite several, but the main tooling options used widely include the following;
Multi-Slide Die Casting
This process uses four perpendicular slides in the tool to allow for production of more accurate and complex castings.
There are some occasions where the process can use up to about six slides at different angles other than 90°.
The advantage of multi-slide die casting is that it offers consistent part quality.
It also lowers tooling costs, provides rapid cycle speeds, and eliminates need for secondary operations.
Hot Chamber Die Casting
This tooling process involves use of different alloys with relatively low melting temperatures.
Essentially, in this die casting process, metal is heated inside the casting machine instead of a different furnace to attain the molten state.
A hydraulic-powered piston is used to force molten metal out of the furnace and into the die.
It is relatively fast and often lasts for a typical cycle that would last for about 15-20 minutes.
Cold Chamber Die Casting
In this die casting process, metal is heated in a separate furnace then molten metal is transferred to mold cavity.
The molten material is forced into the mold cavity by a pressurized plunger.
What Is The Difference Between Conventional Hot Chamber Die Casting And Multi-Slide Dies Casting?
Conventional hot chamber die casting process is a tooling method, which comes in one part per cycle or multiple parts per cycle.
The tool’s design in conventional chamber dies casting is relatively efficient and often eliminates the need for secondary operations.
It is a suitable method for managing volume production and produces relatively durable tools.
On the other hand, multi-slide die casting uses at least four perpendicular slides in the tool.
This allows for creation of more complex and accurate castings.
Multi-slide die casting produces minimum part-to-part variation and offers tooling, which is less susceptible to parting line variation.
Which Are Die Casting Techniques Applied In Aluminum Die Casting Process?
Often, there are two main techniques used in the aluminum die casting process, and they include the following;
Die casting process
This technique involves use of air pressure to force molten aluminum material upwards into a closed die cavity.
It is a suitable aluminum die casting process for creating circular part designs and pressure-tight vessels.
This process involves injection of molten aluminum into mold or die casting machine under force by using a significant pressure to create form products.
It produces excellent dimensional accuracy and smooth surfaces; thus, the parts hardly require machining.
This technique is fast and more affordable than other casting processes.
How Does Hot Chamber Aluminum Die Casting Process Vs. Cold Chamber Aluminum Die Casting Process Compare?
Hot chamber vs cold chamber die casting
In hot chamber aluminum die casting, the injection mechanism is immersed in the molten metal.
The furnace is attached to the machine by a specific metal feed system often referred to as gooseneck.
When the die closes, the piston rises, opens the port, and allowing the molten material to fill up the cylinder.
What follows is the plunger seals the port and pushes the molten metal through nozzle and gooseneck into die cavity.
The die opens, cores retract, and casting stays in one die half of the ejector side.
Ejector pins force casting out of ejector dies. Metal flows through inlet to refill the gooseneck once the plunger uncovers the filling hole.
On the other hand, in cold chamber die casting process, the molten material is ladled from a crucible into a short-sleeve.
This is where a plunger that is hydraulically operated forces the molten metal into the die.
The excess material is used to push additional metal into the die cavity to compensate for shrinkage occurring during solidification.
Contrary to hot chamber die casting, cold chamber deals with corrosion issues by separating melt pot from injector parts.
What Are The Components Of Hot Chamber Aluminum Die Casting Machine?
A typical hot chamber die casting machine is made of several parts and components, which include the following;
- Toggle clamp
- Ejector pin
How Do You Perform The Aluminum Die Casting Process?
In this process, the die is created in at least two sections to ease casting removal.
The casting cycle begins with clamping of two-die halves tightly by the die casting press.
What follows is injection of molten aluminum into the die cavity, where it solidifies relatively fast.
The sections are mounted tightly in a machine and assembled such that one stays stationary and the other remains moveable.
Ejection of casting takes place once the die halves are drawn apart.
The specific die casting can be simple or complex based on the simplicity or complexity of the casting.
They can also have moveable cores, slides, or other sections depending on nature of casting.
To attain the locking, most machines use mechanisms actuated by hydraulic cylinders, whereas others use direct-acting hydraulic pressure.
Die casting machines, whether small or large, come in handy only when injecting molten metal into the die.
What Are The Key Considerations During Aluminum Die Casting Part Design?
Aluminum die cast components
It is fundamental to consider a few core elements when designing a part to be cast.
Some of these factors include the following;
The mold design should enable it to separate and allow the solidified aluminum to come out easily.
Parting line, which is the mark where two mold halves come apart, should be considered in early stages of die part design.
The other vital consideration to have in mind is thickness of part walls. Technically, there is no restriction to minimum wall thickness.
However, it is essential to develop parts with uniform thickness.
Injection points’ location is another fundamental consideration in aluminum die casting part design.
An ideal way of attaining this is by surrounding the points using aluminum and still allow the part to come off when mold is separated.
Which One Should You Use In Aluminum Die Casting: Primary Aluminum Or Secondary Aluminum?
Ideally, there is marginal functional difference between primary and secondary aluminum as far as to die casting is concerned.
However, it is more economical to produce secondary aluminum than primary aluminum.
Essentially, it needs about 5% as much energy to produce, making it a relatively cost-effective option.
In a typical aluminum die casting process, a higher percentage of energy consumption is used in heating and re-melting the material.
Therefore, using secondary aluminum gives value for money hence a better choice to consider in aluminum die casting.
How Do You Minimize Aluminum Die Casting Part Porosity?
It starts with early planning when designing die-cast parts and communication with our engineering.
In such instances, it becomes easier to outline whether porosity in specific areas shall be detrimental to product function by outlining design begins.
Acceptable modifications in part designs are also fundamental to suggest in a bid to reduce possible porosity issues.
After undertaking this step, we can utilize mold flow simulation.
It can also optimize gating, overflow design, and complex process control and monitoring to restrict porosity to non-critical spots of the part.
What Are The Components Of Die Construction In Aluminum Die Casting?
They include the following;
- Die sets, shoes, and plates
- Bushings and guide pins
- Heel plates and heel blocks
- Dowels, keys, and screws
- Spools and shoulder bolts
- Punch holder
- Bolster plate
- Stripper plate
Which Are The Different Ways Of Activating Cores Slides In The Aluminum Die Casting Die?
Core slides are also referred to as moving die components.
Ideally, they can be activated using several methods, but the most common ones include the following;
This refers to a mechanical source of motion often activate by closing and opening of the die.
Angle pin method hardly requires limit switches or hydraulics. Besides, it is relatively economical to manufacture.
However, it does not have control over the cycle of slide pull.
It is a technique of slide motion, which allows selection of cycles and placement of slides on any side of the die.
This is vital since it avoids interference when removing the casting from the particular die.
Whether to use it or not is dependent on numerous factors such as die size, production volume, and specific part configuration among others.
How Many Types Of Dies Are Used In The Production Of Aluminum Die Casting Parts?
They usually come in four major types such as follows;
- Single cavity for producing one component
- Multiple cavities for producing several identical components
- Unit die for production of different parts simultaneously
- Combination die for production of numerous different parts for an assembly.
Die casting process
Which Are The Popular Aluminum Alloys Used In Aluminum Die Casting Process?
There is a specific threshold that ideal aluminum alloys should meet to be ideal for aluminum die casting process.
The commonly used aluminum alloys include the following;
A380 Aluminum Alloy- Exhibits high corrosion resistance and is often cost-effective and easy to work with
A383 Aluminum alloy – It is an ideal option to consider if you need a precise die filling you’ll probably not get from A380 aluminum alloy.
A360 Aluminum alloy – It offers suitable pressure tightness, incredible corrosion resistance, and high-temperature alloys.
Why Is Aluminum Alloy380 The Most Commonly Used Aluminum Die Casting Alloy?
A380 aluminum alloy exhibits some incredible features making it a common pick for numerous aluminum die casting processes.
In essence, this particular alloy is lightweight, has high corrosion resistance, exceptional dimensional stability, and excellent strength.
Moreover, it offers high electrical and thermal conductivity.
All these features make A380 aluminum alloy an ideal choice, especially if you have a fixed budget.
What Are The Applications Of Aluminum Die Casting Parts?
Parts formed from aluminum die casting are used in several applications across different sectors.
Nevertheless, here are the common industries they are usually used;
- Automotive parts
- Lighting fixture
- Agricultural components
- Gold products
- Aircraft components
Can You Make Thin-Walled Aluminum Die Casting Parts?
Yes, but under highly tight conditions.
Technically, aluminum material tends to have relatively high melting and freezing points.
Thus, when the molten metal is injected into the die, the material cools and becomes solid faster.
In other words, the time it takes while in a molten state before it changes into a solid state is relatively short.
It, therefore, implies that for a thin wall part of 0.5-1mm to form, it requires less than 30 milliseconds.
Thus, it requires meticulous precision to make a thin-walled aluminum die casting part.
What Are The Advantages Of Thin-Walled Aluminum Die Casting?
- It forms lightweight parts, which is vital in tooling industry since it makes it easy to handle the part in different applications.
- Mostly, thin-walled parts tend to create a wide range of surface finishing options.
- Increases versatility since you can easily use it in different applications where surface thickness is a concern.
- Thin-walled aluminum parts retain high dimensional stability, which is a vital feature in many applications.
How Does Squeeze Casting And Semi-Solid Molding Compare In Aluminum Die Casting Process?
Squeeze casting involves casting molten metal without any gas turbulence or entrapment under high pressure to attain quality, dense and treatable material components.
Semi-solid molding, on the other hand, entails casting the metal billets to produce heat treatable aluminum castings with low consistency.
Squeeze casting process
Are Aluminum Die Casting Parts Corrosion Resistant?
Aluminum alloy can withstand harsh conditions lasts longer than other alloy materials as far as corrosion resistance is concerned.
Essentially, aluminum die casting part has the natural ability to “heal” itself over a period even when the exterior part is corroded.
Is Machining Of Aluminum Die Casting Part Possible?
Aluminum die casting parts can be machined from billet or sheet stock using CNC machining process.
This machining method is faster and offers incredible precision, thus ideal for aluminum parts.
What Are The Post-Casting Operations In Aluminum Die Casting Process?
Some of the most common operations include:
CNC Precision Machining
It is often used when the unit machining trade-off is cheaper than investing in complex automated die casting die slides to attain net-shape components.
However, it requires a higher level of experience in CNC pre-planning and metal machining center fixture design to attain best results.
Surface Treatments And Finishing
Several surface treatments and finishing are used on aluminum die casting parts.
The essence is to provide a decorative finish, coating against galvanic corrosion, achieve pressure tightness and enhance part’s resistance to wear, etc.
Do The Features Of Aluminum Die Casting Part Affect The Surface Finishing?
The part features to determine how it mates with other components in the ultimate product assembly.
Additionally, these features can form a severe cost penalty if they fall on a viewable cosmetic part surface.
Quality and type of finish produced are also determined by the particular part features.
What Are The Surface Finishing Options For Aluminum Die Casting?
The common surface finishing options you may consider include the following;
- Mechanical finish
- Chemical finish
- Anodized finish
- Powder coating finish
Which Are Some The Design Guidelines For Improving Aluminum Dies Casting Surface Finish Results?
The specific guideline is dependent on the requirements to meet protection, longevity, and cosmetic appearance specifications.
Nevertheless, here are the basic guidelines involved in enhancing the surface finish outcome of aluminum die casting parts;
- Post trim deburring
- Surface conversion coating
- Combined conversion coatings
- Final cosmetic surface finish
- Additional post-casting operations
Why Should You Apply Surface Finishes To Your Aluminum Die-Cast Component?
Ordinarily, there are four main reasons why you would apply different surface finishes to your aluminum die cast part.
These reasons include the following;
- Enhancing part’s resistance to wear
- Attaining the cosmetic or decorative appearance requirements
- Providing a protective barrier against various environmental and galvanic corrosion.
- Protecting special pressure tightness requirements
How Can You Reduce The Cost Of Custom Aluminum Die Casting Parts?
Here are the tips and tricks you can apply to cut on the cost of producing custom aluminum die castings components;
- Carry out the necessary design planning aspects early enough. It makes the tooling process cost-effective.
- Always consider opportunities for part assembly consolidations
- Capitalize fully on die casting capabilities, particularly on new or converted designs
- Establish an ideal wall thickness for your part and make it as small as possible since it is cheaper to attain.
- Perform a comprehensive mold flow analysis during design phase
- Figure out the optimal placement for parting line and ensure you do it early
- Take advantage of unique benefits especially offered by the in-house custom die caster prototyping
- Analyze the cost-benefits of whether to choose post-casting machining or casting to specs with dire core slides.
- Print a note containing all relevant part specs for casting process and other important information. It is vital in ensuring production repeatability and reducing inspection time.
Are There Alternatives To Aluminum Die Casting?
It is an ideal method you may consider as an alternative for producing different aluminum parts.
Sand casting involves using a pattern, which is a replica of the finished casting.
You can press any pattern into a fine sand mixture to create mold where the molten aluminum is poured.
Even so, the pattern formed by sand casting is marginally larger than the actual part to be made.
Of course, this allows aluminum to shrink during solidification and cooling.
Nevertheless, sand casting is relatively slow than die permanent mold casting, but it is cost-effective for small-scale production.
It is also an ideal alternative for making complex designs or when you need large casting.
In some instances, it is known as precision casting or lost wax casting.
This method creates parts from molten aluminum metal.
Ideally, it involves forming a wax pattern to resemble the shape of desired final product.
The wax shape is then attached to a tool repeatedly dipped in liquid ceramic until it hardens.
Molten aluminum hardens within a mold before it is shattered, creating a whole cast metal part.
This process is an ideal aluminum casting alternative for lower volume production. In essence, its part prices tend to be higher than ordinary die casting techniques.
What Are The Important Tolerance Guidelines For Aluminum Die Casting Process?
The design engineer must understand the needed precision dimensions for each feature of a part is hardly possible in production.
Precision tolerances should be specified in agreed-upon crucial areas
Consultation with the design engineering in final part design stage is crucial in determining affordable production and part quality assurance.
Which Are The Various Techniques Of Prototyping Aluminum Die Casting Design?
- 3D printing – This technology allows for the production of rapid prototypes in sturdy ABS plastic materials directly from STL design files.
- Machined Prototype – It produces parts to almost identical part weights and indicated die casting tolerances with accurate details.
- Gravity Cast Prototype – This technique needs thicker walls and comparatively large tolerances.
- Die Cast Prototype – It is the most appropriate approach to undertake if you want to attain exact specifications and geometry to be in place during production.
With years of experience in aluminum die casting, we can produce any part depending on your unique specifications and requirements.
Inox team is here to guide you in every process; from part design, material selection, and die design amongst others.
Contact us now for all your aluminum die casting needs.