Inox Cast is your leading manufacturer and supplier of high-quality cap moulds. We can provide your customized cap moulds at an economical price. Trust on Inox Cast for your supplied cap moulds.
- More than 20 years designing, moulding
- Certified and approved cap mould supplier
- Cap mould with an economical price
- Satisfying customer service
Inox Cast as Your Reliable Supplier of Cap Moulds
Inox Cast grows into a professional manufacturer and supplier of valuable cap moulds, considering our long experience designing, moulding, polishing, machining, and coating finish products. We are your trusted solution and support for molding products’ best appearance and performance, especially of cap moulds. We are doing our expertise according to our knowledge and understandings to form high-quality cap moulds.
This Injection cap mould is the S136 steel material that can assure you durable and lasting performance. We can provide 1 set MOQ.
We allow customizing the color and size of your seal cap mould based on your application. We can provide your desired size and style for your satisfying finish product.
Inox Cast has provided a water bottle plastic cap mould that can save cost and heighten production capability.
Inox Casts assures meeting your requirements and standards in every applicable industry. We can design moulding and even manufacture it.
This high-precision cap compression mould has a neck size of 28mm. This cap mould can be finished with coats, paints, sandblasting, and many other finishing processes.
This Disinfectant flip cap mould is the newest design and a high-quality cap mould. Inox Cast assures you a long lifespan and operation of this cap mould.
Inox Cast makes sure that this multi cavities cap mould functions according to its role and can give you fulfilling results that suit your desired products.
This colored flip top cap mould is very in demand, considering that it can create satisfying results. Inox Cast can customize colors for your desired caps.
Inox Cast designed this edible oil cap mould with a submarine, pinpoint, and valve gates. It is highly made up of s136 and FS636 core and cavity materials.
This high-efficiency bottle cap mould has mould life of 300,000-3,000,000 shots. It may have single and multi cavities.
The injection bottle cap steel mould design by Inox Cast is in customized size and capacity according to your drawing requirements.
Inox Cast Cap Mould
Inox Cast Cap Mould
Inox Cast has a great understanding and learnings about designing, molding, polishing, coating, texture, and many other capabilities we can do for your finished product. We make sure it is applied every time we manage your customized cap moulds.
In Inox Cast, we have about a thousand employees working together to produce such cap moulds that perfectly suit every requirement of our customers. We have high-tech equipment that exactly operates to form cap moulds you demand.
With more than two decades of doing this type of work, we have enough experience to supply you with high-quality and reliable cap moulds. Different applications also have different functions and specifications.
You can send us your sample drawings or designs, and we immediately take care of your orders. We have professional workers that can perfectly provide your aimed design and capability of cap moulds.
The products we offer, including cap moulds, are in wide applications such as consumer electronics, household appliances, telecommunications, medical equipment, and automotive machine fields.
Inox Cast’s expertise can assure you supplied high-quality cap moulds for your business or processing factories related to products with caps. We never disappoint our customer’s expectations. From the qualities, services and its costs, we are sure of your satisfaction.
Contact us now, right here!
Cap Mould: The Ultimate Guide
I know choosing an appropriate cap mould can be an overwhelming task.
A reason this guide will make the entire process simple for you – it explores all information you need to know about cap mould.
Take a look:
1. What Is Plastic Cap Mould?
This is the tooling system used to thermoset or melt the plastic pellets and produce different plastic shapes.
These solidifies to give the end product such as plastic cups, trays, boxes, lids, etc.
The plastic cap mould is almost similar to plastic injection mould except for a few differences in the design.
plastic cap mould
Especially in the cavities that are meant to produce the designed shape and size of the plastic cap.
The product can be in different shapes like round, rectangular and so on.
2. Materials For Making Cap Mould
They both make perfect materials for the production of plastic cap mould.
However, each of them has advantages and disadvantages and it means the choice of a material should be one of the important steps in producing this machine.
Below is a description to guide the choice of material that best fits the needs of the plastic cap design that will be produced and the quantity and duration.
- Tooling cost: aluminium has lower pricing compared to steel hence with all other factors like lifespan of the machine not put into consideration.
- Cost of each part: if the mould will be used for the production of a few parts for a short period of time, then aluminium is the best choice.
This is because a mould made through this machine will be cheaper compared to a part made through a machine made from steel.
However, if the mould is to be used for a longer time and to produce millions and millions of parts then the mould should made out of steel.
This is because with time and with the production of many parts through the same machine, the price of parts will be reduced.
- Low volume suitability: for low volume production of parts, aluminium material is the best choice for a mould because it lowers the cost needed.
- High volume suitability: for this, steel is best suited since it is the material that lasts longer and has the capacity to sustain high volume production of plastic parts.
- Heating time and cooling time: aluminium has higher rate when it comes to heat dissipation compared to steel.
Hence can heat very fast and also cool quickly making the production cycle time much shorter hence producing more parts in a shorter time.
- Resin suitability: for more complex resins like in metal injection moulding, steel is preferred as the mould material.
However, for simple resins like plastic injection moulding, aluminium suits best.
- Plastic injection moulding defects: since aluminium has high heat dissipation rate, the parts produced through this mould would not have so many defects.
This is due to the fact that cooling will take place uniformly and this will reduce on cost and avoid wastage.
- Repair and modification: the steel material is a bit hard and not easy to repair or modify in case of damages hence will need a replacement with a brand-new machine.
On the other hand, aluminium is easy to repair or even modify.
Therefore, there is need to consider every detail of the part production process in order to make the right choice for a material.
- Durability: steel is durable and cannot be compared to any other material because it is hard and is resistant to wear and tear while aluminium does not last long especially when exposed to hard materials that will create damage to its surface.
Steel is therefore recommended for productions that require long production runs to produce millions and millions of the plastic cap part as desired.
plastic cap mould
3. How To Choose Plastic Cap Mould Design
When choosing a plastic cap mould design, consider the factors below;
- Number of cavities: It is important to go for the right model of the mould.
The specifications are normally included with the product instructions by the manufacturer.
The instructions will include the parameter values of the mould, the specific number of cavities which will also depend on the complexity of the plastic cap to be produced.
- Dimensions of mould: This should be considered because it is needed to produce the right size and shape of the plastic cap.
The mould should also be able to eject the product.
- Injection speed: The injection rate and injection pressure and injection speed should be put into consideration when choosing screw diameter.
- Available capacity: the capacity requirements like the size and volume needed for a part should be considered when choosing a mould for its production.
- Cycle time: parts that require short cycle period, need fast injection moulds which are also a very expensive.
- Core pullers: The mould of choice should contain enough core pullers.
- Design of the plastic cap to be produced: the mould design should fit the design of the plastic cap to be produced.
This is because if there are variations, this may lead to damage on the produced part making the process more expensive.
plastic cap mould
4. How To Clean And Maintain Mould For Plastic Cap
The plastic cap mould is complicated and precise and has specific operation and maintenance requirements in order to improve the efficiency of the production process.
- Selecting the right mould equipment and determining the appropriate process conditions will prevent damage of the mould and increase production efficiency.
- Before the feedstock is introduced into the moulding machine, the machine has to be operated when empty to ensure the process will be smooth.
- Maintaining normal temperature for the mould will aid to extend the lifespan of the moulding machine.
- Parts like guide pin, return pin, push rod or core must be cleaned then lubricated regularly to ensure they are smooth to avoid seizures.
- Before the plastic cap mould is closed, it must be cleaned to remove any residual product within the cavity and the cleaning should be done using soft tool to avoid damage to the cavity surface.
- Plastic cap moulds that have special needs for the cavity surface, the roughness (Ra) should be less or equal to 0.2cm and it should not be wiped with hands and cotton fabrics and instead be wiped with absorbent cottons or compressed air blower.
- The surface of the cavity must be cleaned regularly to avoid making it rough which will affect the quality of the end product.
It should be cleaned using alcohol preparation then be dried.
- When the production process has to be stopped temporarily, the plastic cap mould cavity must be closed to avoid exposure that can lead to damage.
5. Factors Determining Cap Injection Mould Price
Plastic cap mould life: the mould life time is dependent on the product life time which also determines the total number of parts produced during the life time.
The mould life also affects the cost for tooling for instance if the mould must have a longer life then it has to be made of hard steel which would need more money to purchase.
Part Complexity: The complexity of the plastic cap to be produced plays a role in the design of the plastic cap mould and this will also lead to high costs during production of the mould.
To cut cost at this stage, it is important to redesign the part into a simpler version.
Moulding Materials: the material used for the production of the plastic cap will affect part price and tool price for each type of material used.
Surface Finish: this will affect the plastic cap mould price especially when there is need for mirror polishing which adds cost to the tooling system because it will need hardened steel.
The delivery time for the plastic cap injection mould: when the delivery time is short, the price for the plastic cap mould is high and this means a shortened production cycle.
6. Parts Of Plastic Cap Mould
Some of the main parts of mould include:
- Clamp plates: these plates are used to attach the mould halves to the platens by the use of large bolts.
- Nozzle/sprue bushing: molten plastic goes through the nozzle into the moulding machine and the nozzle is placed on the sprue bushing which centres the nozzle to the machine.
- Feed system: this is where the molten plastic flows; it goes through sprue bushing, to runners and to the gates which lead to the cavities.
- Cavities: this is the part of the mould that makes the plastic cap in the desired shape, therefore, the number of cavities needed will depend on the plastic cap design.
- Cooling system: the system is equipped with water or other types of oil that can aid in cooling the plastic cap produced.
- Guide pillars: this part uses guide pins to ensure that the core mould halves and cavity are properly aligned when the plastic cap mould closes.
- Ejector system: this is the part that pushes out the part out of the core through the use of bars.
7. How Do You Control Quality Of Cap Mould?
Consider the following aspects when it comes to quality control of the plastic cap mould.
Plastic Cap Mould Design: the plastic cap mould designers must ensure that the plastic cap mould design adheres to the professional plastic cap mould tooling leaders and to CTO and to customers.
Also , it should also consider fast cooling, efficient production process, easy operation and maintenance.
Plastic Cap Mould Steel Selection: the plastic cap mould must be designed in a way to be resistant to corrosion, with fine polish like Assarb S136 and high hardness.
It means that the choice of the steel must be the best.
Hot Runner System Selection: there is a wide range to choose from and technology is fast changing but the main aim is to design a hot runner system that aims to balance access to gates, heaters, and tips to create quality plastic cap parts.
Plastic Cap Mould Tooling: the tooling system must be designed with high precision in order to create plastic cap mould with high precision quality.
Dimensional inspection: this is done after the first tooling process before the next one begins to make sure that all the dimensions are still intact hence designing a quality plastic cap mould.
Plastic Cap Mould Test: Every plastic cap mould must be tested for quality and proper operation before being shipped to the customer.
8. How To Make Plastic Cap Mold
-The main parts of the plastic cap Injection molding machine include; material hopper, rotating screw plunger, barrel, an injection ram, heating device, ejectors, movable pattern and mold cavity.
-Generally, plastic cap injection molding machines work horizontally.
-Put in place a barrel in form of a cylindrical pipe.
-At one end of the barrel place a hopper.
-Inside the barrel there should be a rotating screw runs or hydraulic ram being rotated by the electric motor to create force from the inside of the barrel.
-The heating element used to heat and melt the feedstock coming in from the hopper, must be circumstantially attached to the barrel.
-The mould cavity should be attached to the barrel on the other end.
-Within the cavity is created movable patterns with specific number of cavities that will create the intended plastic cap as required.
-The mould can be made out of steel or aluminum but this will depend on the quantity of plastic caps to be produced and the time period it is intended for.
For any inquiries or questions on cap mould, contact us now.