Vertical Injection Molding
Inox Cast manufactures a wide option of vertical injection molding. We can give you outstanding quality machines, equipment and we also offer excellent services. Our vertical injection molding is your best choice.
- Guaranteed high quality and durable
- Strict quality control in all production
- Affordable vertical injection molding
- Outstanding after-sale services
Why Inox Cast Vertical Injection Molding is Your Ideal Choice
For over 20 years, we keep on enhancing our capabilities and knowledge in manufacturing vertical injection molding in order to produce premium quality and performance machines and equipment. Inox Cast is dedicated to providing certified products.
Our vertical plastic injection molding offers better and more efficient production. It is perfect for your chosen products.
Inox Cast produces 15 tons of vertical injection molding applicable for any large productions. You can produce up to 15 tons of products in a short period of time.
This vertical injection molding machine comes with custom designs to choose from. We want to make sure that it has your desired requirements.
We have the widest range of small cable vertical injection molding for affordable prices. It is handled by professionals.
For your mass productions, our vertical injection molding 30 tons is your best choice. It can be used for any products you want.
Our 25 tons vertical injection molding is designed by our professional engineers and we keep on upgrading this equipment for better performance.
We have LED used vertical injection molding for better visual when operating or processing productions. It is energy-saving and cost-effective.
Inox Cast PVC vertical injection molding is the best-performing machine that allows you to produce products with creative innovations.
Our 100 tons used vertical injection molding is engineered to withstand your maximum production. It is composed of durable materials for tough performance.
This hydraulic vertical injection molding features advanced technology manufacturing system. It allows you to produce products in the easiest way.
With our CNC machines, we are able to produce CNC vertical injection molding that comes with excellent performance and affordable.
Inox Cast 60 ton vertical injection molding is manufactured using high-quality materials and components. It is to ensure that it is reliable for mass productions.
Inox Vertical Injection Molding
Inox Cast – Your Reliable Vertical Injection Molding Provider in China
Inox has been manufacturing vertical injection molding for over 20 years. We are already distributing this equipment in different countries around the world. It is made by our highly-skilled engineers with the help of our devoted workers.
Our vertical injection molding has high efficiency, cost-effectiveness, and energy-saving. We designed this equipment safe to use to avoid work-related accidents. This vertical injection molding is certified and approved by CE, ISO9001, and TS 16949 inspection.
Inox Cast provides standard designs for vertical injection molding but we also produce custom-made designs. In fact, you can send us your own ideas for the designs you want for your vertical injection molding. Just send us your requirements and Inox Cast will put your creativity into reality.
The Inox Cast vertical injection molding offers a precise molding process and system. We keep on developing more innovative solutions that provide satisfaction to our customers.
Inox Cast is using an advanced manufacturing system and the latest CNC machines. We also use automated CMM machines in a climate-controlled inspection room. All equipment we use is first-class quality machines.
Our engineers have the latest version of UG and SolidWorks for tool and parts modeling. We also have upgraded Gibbs CAM software assisting our CNC machine programming. Our company has a wide knowledge in 3D printing.
Inox Cast was founded in 1997 and since then, our company produces reliable products basically used for household appliances, consumer electronics, machining and assembly of finished products, die-casting, plastic mold, and two shots molding.
Also, Inox Cast provides services in chrome plating, ED coating, painting, and screen printing. We aim to be your most trusted and reliable manufacturer of vertical injection molding. Inox Cast can provide you not just products and services but also success and better business.
Please check on Inox Cast now!
Vertical Injection Molding: The Ultimate Guide
If you are looking for more information about vertical injection molding machine, you will find it right here.
Whether you want to know the design guidelines, molding technique, benefits or working principle.
This is the best guide you have been looking for.
- What Is Vertical Injection Molding?
- How Does Vertical Injection Molding Work?
- Considerations For Vertical Injection Molding
- When Is Vertical Injection Molding Used?
- Types Of Vertical Injection Molding
- Which Materials Are Used In Vertical Injection Molding?
- What Are the Advantages Of Vertical Injection Molding?
- Which Are The Applications Of Vertical Injection Molding?
- Is Vertical Injection Molding Environmentally Friendly?
- Which Plastics Are Used In Vertical Injection Molding?
- Technological Advancements In Vacuum Injection Molding
- Design Guidelines For Vertical Injection Molding
- Common Vertical Injection Molding Defects
- Vertical Injection Molding Vs Horizontal Injection Molding
- Choosing Mold for Vertical Injection Molding
- Choosing Vertical Injection Molding Machine
1. What Is Vertical Injection Molding?
It is a process where the injection molding is injected vertically into the mold cavity.
it involves up and down movements where the injected molding is inserted inside the mold cavity with help of gravity.
vertical injection molding
A distinct feature of vertical injection molding is that both the injecting and clamping mechanism are located along the same vertical plane.
this helps the injection process to occur vertically thus offering better consistency and filling time.
2. How Does Vertical Injection Molding Work?
Compared with other injection molding processes, vertical injection molding works similar to them.
The main distinction being that for vertical injection molding, the molding halves vertically.
The process happens via accelerating and decelerating movement as compared to horizontal molding where movements are only from one side to another.
The vertical injection process involves the following simple and easy steps:
Closing The Mold Cavity
After setting up the mold, an injection timer is set to read the machine for injection.
It is important to note that injection happens in an upward and downward motion.
It refers to the method of putting the material which is melted into the cavity of the mold. Vertical injection molding involves injecting the heated material through an injection vent that injects each mold as set up.
The injection occurs at the top of the mold allowing the material to spread heavenly through gravity and also through the pressure applied by the injection mechanism.
The vertical injection is efficient because it allows for the material to fill the mold cavity evenly and is also suitable for molds with complicated shapes.
It is also an ideal injection molding process when it comes to reducing fill-up time and when working with multiple molds.
Cooling occurs immediately after the injection process.
The injected material is allowed to settle and cool depending on the time that is required for the material to completely harden.
Note that the material used for the injection mold will highly determine the time allowed for it to completely cool off and harden.
Majority of the vertical injection molding machines tend to have automated cooling systems.
Cooling systems which are automated enhance the process of setting in place timers which cool and harden the mold material.
Apart from the cooling mechanisms, heating mechanisms are also installed just in case the material hardens and sticks to the walls of the mold cavity.
Vertical injection molding operates differently when it comes to the ejection process.
For the vertical injection process, the molds have to be manually removed by a robotic arm or by hand.
This is because the molds do not automatically eject from the mold cavity after ejection.
After ejection, the molding is collected in a bin located below the mold.
3. Considerations For Vertical Injection Molding
There are several considerations that you should put in mind when it comes to vertical injection molding.
Some of these considerations include:
- Manufacturing process: you should consider the manufacturing process used in designing parts for your injection molding.
After designing the part, it is vital to test its validity and ensure it works properly.
- Prototyping: consider a vertical injection molding prototype before investing in the long run.
This is vital in assessing design issues in the design phase which can prove expensive if left undetected.
It is obtained by use of 3D printing or CNC machining. It is a sure way of testing functionality and efficiency before full production.
- Material used: determine the type of material which you require to use with the tool for vertical injection molding.
The material used determines the functionality of the molding tool.
- Complexity and design: Also keep in mind that the complexity and design of the machine will also determine the type of material to be used.
- Financial considerations: consider profits which the molding machine will bring in the long run and its price.
Additionally, you should have in mind the costs for operating and maintaining the molding machine.
- Features: when choosing a vertical injection molding tool, consider the features that come with the machine.
Some of the features you can consider include its vertical or horizontal injection molding, size, complexity, and material used.
4. When Is Vertical Injection Molding Used?
You can consider using vertical injection molding in the following situations:
- When the final product is not required to automatically eject from the mold cavity.
- When you need multiple operations or dealing with a large number of molds.
- Vertical injection molding comes in handy when manufacturing moldings that are complex.
- It is suitable in situations where you require consistency in the flow of resin and a uniform distribution of temperature.
- When requiring smaller and more compact molding machines for your factory.
5. Types Of Vertical Injection Molding
Some of the types of vertical injection molding include;
- Hydraulic vertical injection molding
hydraulic vertical injection molding
- Electric vertical injection molding.
electric vertical injection molding
- Hybrid vertical injection molding.
hybrid vertical injection molding
- Vertical injection molding machine with shuttle table
- Elastomer IM
other types of vertical injection molding processes that are used with different injection machines also include:
6. Which Materials Are Used In Vertical Injection Molding?
Some of the materials used in vertical injection molding include;
- Thermoplastic Elastomer
- Nylon Polyamide
- Thermoplastic Polyurethane
7. What Are the Advantages Of Vertical Injection Molding?
Some of the advantages of vertical injection molding include:
- Vertical injection molding machines are much smaller than other injection molding machines.
This ensures that you save floor space that can be utilized to carry out other activities.
- They offer advantages when it comes to inserting molding compared to other injection molding mechanisms such as horizontal molding mechanisms.
- Vertical injection molding machines rely on gravity to fill up the inserts thus requiring less pressure and force.
This is ideal for saving energy.
- This process allows for consistency when it comes to temperature distribution and material flow.
- Vertical injection molding machines are cheaper, more efficient, and also have a low cost of operations compared to other types of injection molding machines.
8. Which Are The Applications Of Vertical Injection Molding?
Some of the applications of vertical injection molding include;
- Bottle tops
- Remote control casings
- Car body panels
- Wire spools
- Musical instruments
- Storage containers
- And most of the plastic products.
9. Is Vertical Injection Molding Environmentally Friendly?
Vertical injection molding machines are advancing in technology each day.
With consistent research and development, injection molding is becoming more environmentally friendly.
There have been improvements in vertical injection molding are incorporation of thermosetting polymers.
These are which are materials that are energy efficient and processed using little energy.
It is also worth noting that the vertical injection molding process material waste is very minimal compared to other injection processes.
10. Which Plastics Are Used In Vertical Injection Molding?
Many plastic options can be used in vertical injection molding.
Most of the plastic used is polymers that can be classified as either thermoplastics or thermosets.
Some of these plastics include:
- High-density polyethylene
- Low-density polyethylene
- Acrylonitrile butadiene styrene
- Aliphatic polyamides
- Polyoxymethylene (POM)
- Polymethyl Methacrylate (PMMA)
- Polypropylene (PP)
These materials are preferred because of the following factors;
- Great tensile strength
- It should have ductility levels that are high
- Resistant to absorption of moisture
- Its impact resistance should be strong
11. Technological Advancements In Vacuum Injection Molding
Technological advancements in vertical injection molding processes are mainly to be found in the medical sector.
This is because the vertical injection molding process offers design flexibility and tight tolerances.
Technological advances have also enabled vertical injection molding processes to incorporate specialty components and thermoplastic resin.
Some of these components may include tubing, cannula, wires, sensors, cables, and stampings.
This enables molding delicate components directly into devices.
The use of book molds on rotary tablet press has made it easy to produce delicate molds especially when it comes to medical devices.
12. Design Guidelines For Vertical Injection Molding
Some of the design guidelines for vertical injection molding include:
Always make sure that there is uniformity in the mold cavity’s wall thickness. This is because when the feedstock cools, it usually shrinks.
Permanent deformation occurs when one part of the mold cools faster than the other.
It is important to ensure that the wall thickness is thin enough to allow for quick cooling while also ensuring uniformity.
The recommended wall thickness ranges from 1 to 3 millimeters.
Poorly designed draft angles result to draft marks. Draft marks usually occur when the mold or final product is removed from the injection mold.
To avoid the draft marks, it is important that add draft angles to all the vertical walls. The draft angle should always be maintained at least at a 2 degrees angle.
13. Common Vertical Injection Molding Defects
Some of the common vertical injection molding defects include;
Flow lines occur when the feedstock cools rapidly before settling down evenly.
It can also be caused by slow injection speeds, uneven wall thickness, or low injection pressure.
To mitigate this, it is important to inject the feedstock at constant pressure and speed. This will allow the mold cavity to be filled evenly.
They can also be solved by adding the feedstock’s temperature to reduce the cooling process.
Sink marks are small depressions on the surface of the mold. They usually occur as a result of the inside of the mold cooling more rapidly than the outside.
This causes a pressure cavity that after cooling appears as depression because of pressure which is uneven from the outside to the inside the mold cavity.
To fix this, you must decrease the mold temperature while at the same time increasing the time and holding pressure.
Vacuum void is bubble like swellings on the surface of the mold. They result from rapid cooling of the mold which traps air inside it.
The best way to mitigate vacuum voids from occurring is to ensure that you choose the best material to use depending on the mold cavity you are applying on.
This is because different materials have different viscosity thus also allowing air to escape more easily.
Materials with thinner consistencies allow air to escape out more easily.
Surface delamination occurs when small pieces of material pop up on top of the mold.
These are usually foreign materials resulting from not cleaning the mold cavity thoroughly before the next use.
To mitigate surface delamination, it is prudent that you make sure that you have dried the mold cavity thoroughly before every use.
Other common types of vertical injection molding defects include:
- Weld lines
- Embedded contaminates
- Short shorts
- Burn marks
- Polymer degradation
- Splay marks
- Color streaks
14. Vertical Injection Molding Vs Horizontal Injection Molding
Vertical injection molding is a process where the injection molding is injected vertically into the mold cavity.
vertical injection molding machine
it involves up and down movements where the injected molding is inserted inside the mold cavity with help of gravity.
On the other hand, the horizontal injection molding process involves the mold clamping action occurring horizontally, with each half of the mold moving sideways to join.
horizontal injection molding
15. Choosing Mold for Vertical Injection Molding
There are different molds you can choose from for vertical injection molding. These include but are not limited to:
- Resin transfer molding
- Reaction injection molding
- Multicomponent injection molding (also known as over-molding)
- Microinjection molding
- Low-pressure injection molding
- In-mold decoration and in-mold lamination
- Gas-assisted injection molding.
16. Choosing Vertical Injection Molding Machine
In choosing a vertical injection molding machine, it is important to consider the following:
- The cost of the vertical injection machine.
- The volume of units you want to manufacture.
- Design the products you want to manufacture
- The time needed to manufacture your products.
- Configuration and specification of the products you want to manufacture.
- Uniformity product thickness and variable
vertical injection molding machine
For all your vertical injection molding needs, contact us now.