If you have any question about ZA27, you will find the answer right here.
This guide covers everything about ZA27; from properties, features, uses to composition, just to mention a few.
Keep reading to learn more.
- What Is ZA27?
- What Is The Composition Of ZA27?
- Which Properties Do ZA27 Have?
- Where Can You Use ZA27?
- What Are Some Of The Designations Used To Denote ZA27?
- Why Is ZA27 Alloy Suitable For Die Casting?
- How Do I Test ZA27 Hardness?
- Is ZA27 Corrosion Resistant?
- How Would You Describe ZA27 Strength?
- How Is ZA27 And Other Zamak Alloys Compare?
- How Does ZA27 Strength Compare To That Of Aluminum?
What Is ZA27?
ZA27-These are mixture of alloys with a basic metal being zinc and approximately 27% aluminum.
Aluminum is the highest content with highest strength, highest melting point and lowest density.
What Is The Composition Of ZA27?
The main composition of ZA27 in percentage is:
- Aluminum – 25-28
- Copper – 2.0-2.25
- Magnesium – 0.01-0.02
- Iron – 0.075
- Lead- 0.006
- Cadmium – 0.006
- Zinc – Balance
Which Properties Do ZA27 Have?
When it comes to properties, of ZA27, you should explore physical, and chemical properties.
- ZA27 is known for its lightweight
- You can recycle aluminum many times without deterioration.
- Has good machinability, making it easier to make a range of parts and components through machining or fabrication.
- It has high strength.
- Due to its corrosion resistance, it withstands high temperatures and tough environments.
- High thermal conductivity.
- They have high tensile and also yields strength.
- Their hardness properties make them the strongest alloys in industrial set-up.
Below are some vital mechanical properties of ZA27:
Mechanical properties of ZA21 alloy
Where Can You Use ZA27?
You can use ZA27 in a range of applications:
-It is used in Bearings due to its wearing resistivity properties. It has greater design stress capability no matter the temperatures.
-Capability of creating more finished thin wall decoration surfaces with its lightweight parts.
-Used in Construction and Building because of their tensile strength.
– Automotive industry
What Are Some Of The Designations Used To Denote ZA27?
Designations to denote ZA27 alloys are,
Why Is ZA27 Alloy Suitable For Die Casting?
This is because of corrosion resistance, its light weight and its strength at high temperatures.
This makes it one of the best alloys for die casting.
Additionally, this is because of its combination properties for casting both physical and mechanical. It’s good with dimensional stability retention of shapes.
Besides, it offers better thermal and electrical conductivity.
AZ27 alloy is used for intricate components with specific die filling characteristics of high strength at high temperatures hence cracks under heat is minimal.
Due to excellent ductility with high resistivity to corrosion and higher temperature strength, we may consider AZ27 alloy.
How Do I Test ZA27 Hardness?
Below is a procedure how to test ZA27 hardness:
- Clean the specimen surface
- Fix an appropriate indenter then place the specimen on the anvil table
- Check clarity of specimen on the screen then adjust the knob when necessary
- Bring indenter over the specimen while rotating the index disc.
- Keep pressing the start button to glow the dwell light.
- Load the specimen and wait for the load to be removed automatically.
- Using the projections of image on the screen, measure diagonals of the impression.
- Using the formula VHN=1.854p/d2 to determine the VHN.
Is ZA27 Corrosion Resistant?
The presence of aluminum in AZ27 alloy enhances the carrion resistance property.
Also, its non-sparking nature when exposed to iron makes it resistant to humid atmosphere.
Again, you should note that the corrosion rate to raw water is very low.
How Would You Describe ZA27 Strength?
It is important to note the following:
- ZA27 has high tensile strength, perfect for construction and building work.
- Compressive strength measures how compact or squeezed a material can resist.
- Impact strength measures how a material can withstand an impact
- Yield strength measure resistance effect of bending or shaping of a material.
Once you have all these, it will be easier to determine the specific application of ZA27 alloy
How Is ZA27 And Other Zamak Alloys Compare?
When it comes to choosing between ZA27 alloy and Zamak alloy, here is all you should know:
|ZA27 Alloys||Zamak Alloys|
|In strong alkaline solution, corrosion takes place.||The reaction is similar in alkaline solution.|
|Has high melting points||Low melting points|
|It has optimum hardness properties||Has increased hardness properties, wear resistance and abrasion.|
|Are non-sparking and work best in explosive environment.||When exposed to rusty iron component, they easily generate sparks.|
|They solidify with tightness in pressure into a dense strong matrix thus poor dimensional stability.||Are casted and are long term dimensionally stable.Can be fabricated to small different shapes.|
How Does ZA27 Strength Compare To That Of Aluminum?
|ZA27 Alloys||Aluminum Alloys|
|It is a light weight alloy used in materials that require optimum strength.||Because of its good energy absorbing impact, light weight and durability, it is used in construction cars, trucks etc.It is also reliable, used in fighting vehicles for corrosion resistance.|
|ZA27 withstands load due to its plastic deformation properties.||Has good plasticity, very flexible thus can be processed into different shapes.|
In short, before choosing any of these alloys for your applications, know the strength of each alloy grade.
For questions or inquiry about ZA27, contact us now.