Injection Mold Tooling
Inox Cast is an expert provider of injection mold tooling services. We are able to offer our services worldwide. Inox Cast is a reachable company for any molding-related service. You can guarantee the best quality of products from Inox Cast services.
- Rich experience in injection mold tooling
- Offer cost-effective services
- ISO Certificated
- Use strictest quality control system
Why Inox is an Expert in Injection Mold Tooling
Inox Casting is engaged in providing an injection mold tooling service in over 20 years. Inox Casting can achieve a great quality of product with features of corrosion resistance. We have professional staff to assist you whenever you need our services. We can provide a better injection mold tooling service through using the best technique and strategy. Inox Casting will recommend you a suitable molding service for the best result of your projects.
The Inox industrial injection mold tooling provides a unique characteristic that is best in different fields like molding and melting metal materials.
Inox plastic injection mold tooling design and engineering services produce complex parts and components for a wide range of medical devices.
Inox prototype injection mold tooling can pass different certifications such as UL test, V0 fire resistant test, FDA test, SGS test, and IP65.
We provide die injection mold tooling services like auto parts, home appliances, medical equipment, household products, and more.
We can provide an outstanding and superior quality of customized injection mold tooling. We can be customized with different designs of your products.
Inox offers a plastic bottle cap injection mold tooling services with a long life service. You can reach us quickly for the best injection mold tooling services.
Inox injection mold tooling for printer cartridges is crucial for achieving the best quality, success production and cost objectives.
Inox accepts any quantities of your household appliance products to do the injection mold tooling service. You can rely on our services.
The Inox injection mold tooling and die maker can achieve the undesirable quality of your products. We always use the best technique for the process.
Inox injection mold tooling for electronics services will provide your electronic products more durable and offer a long lifespan.
The Inox auto parts injection mold tooling is also useful for finalized prototypes that are used for consumer or product testing.
Inox Injection Mold Tooling
Excellent Injection Mold Tooling Provider – Inox Casting
If you are looking for reliable injection mold tooling services and products, Inox Casting is the perfect solution for you. We provide a perfect solution for your injection mold tooling needs. You can avail of our quality service at a competitive rate.
Inox Casting provides injection mold tooling for a wide range of fields like electronics, household appliances, PVCs, and auto parts. With our quality and genuine services, we can strive for desirable and outstanding finish products.
Aside from mold tooling, we offer different types of finishing like powder coating, painting, and more. Inox Casting is an expert in handling injection mold tooling services. We also export any molding tools in different places worldwide.
Inox Casting provides the 2nd procedure of manufacturing to ensure the durability of a wide range of products. We always use the best kind of strategy and techniques just to make sure the quality of every output. We achieve ISO and SGS certifications due to our best performance.
Inox Casting is a highly recommended injection mold tooling provider. We are striving to meet every customer’s demands. You can really trust and rely on our service. Inox casting always works in a professional and greatest way to guarantee the best result.
We are committed to injection mold tooling service for various years. Inox casting can operate well on your business requirements just to provide the excellent services that you deserve. That is what makes us a good and reliable partner for our clients.
For more information about Inox injection mold tooling, don’t hesitate to message us. We have 24/7 online support to help your business demands.
Injection Mold Tooling: The Ultimate FAQ Guide
Choosing the right injection molding tooling is critical.
It determine the design and surface finish of the final process.
This guide answer all questions you have been asking about injection mold tooling.
- What Is Injection Mold Tooling?
- What Are The Main Considerations During Injection Mold Tooling Manufacturing Process?
- How Do You Make Injection Mold Tooling?
- Are There Specific Standards For Injection Mold Tooling?
- Which Are The Best Injection Mold Tooling Materials?
- Why Should You Buy From Injection Mold Tooling Manufacturers From China?
- What Are the Benefits of 3D Printed Injection Mold Tooling?
- Why Is Prototype Injection Mold Tooling Process?
- What Are the Benefits of In-house Injection Mold Tooling Making Process?
- What Are the Components of Injection Mold Tooling Design?
- What Is the Relationship Between Injection Molding Tooling and Tolerances?
- How Do You Check Quality of Injection Mold Tooling?
- Which Are The Recommended Surface Finish For Injection Mold Tooling?
- How Can You Mount Injection Mold Tooling?
- Is There MOQ For Injection Mold Tooling?
- Is It Possible To Have Specific Tolerance For Injection Mold Tooling?
- How Will You Know If Injection Mold Tooling Is Right For Your Products?
- How Should You Care And Maintain Injection Mold Tooling?
1. What Is Injection Mold Tooling?
Injection mold tooling is the heart of injection molding.
Designing the injection mold and its components is what is referred to as injection mold tooling.
This tooling process is complex and highly technical hence will require one to be very precise and know how to produce top-quality parts with tight dimensions.
injection mold tooling
The tooling process involves sourcing the mold components and machinery necessary for injection molding.
The machinery and instruments are what we call tools.
They play a key critical part as they ensure the success of the injection mold.
When you use the right injection mold tooling the efficiency of the mold is improved.
Also, the right tooling process improves the overall quality of your injection molded part.
The cost and quality of the end product of the injection mold part are greatly determined by the tooling process.
2. What Are The Main Considerations During Injection Mold Tooling Manufacturing Process?
There are stages that one has to consider during the manufacturing process of the injection mold tooling.
- Tool manufacturability; is the initial stage.
Engineers and technicians from different departments work together to determine the functionality of the mold, mold materials, and product specifications.
Also, the team will look for any potential problems in the mold.
They then select the chemical and physical properties of their selected resin are evaluated.
This is to ensure they select the proper mold steel as well as review the mold cooling.
The mold flow evaluation is also done to determine the most suitable type of gate as well as gate locations.
Confirmation of the standards of plastic design practices in conjunction with the tooling details to come up with the best design is reviewed.
This is known as the manufacturability review.
- The design; construct both 2D and 3D designs to help you determine the steel sizes and mold sides.
Ensure the designs are reviewed and approved.
Your detailed design is then considered to be finalized.
- Final design and its specifications; you give your tool builder your design specification for the construction of your mold.
The builder makes final adjustments and modifications in-house.
You should give special attention to mold manufacturability.
- Primary and secondary construction of tools; here you complete detailed tool drawings.
Also, the standards of construction are reviewed and then verified.
The progress of the tool builder is then closely monitored and meetings on the same are held.
You then inspect the complete mold against a defined checklist.
- A sampling of the tool; you establish a molding process that is acceptable for manufacturing.
Then establish and recommend the parameters for processing.
After this, start initial sampling of your molding tool using scientific molding practices.
The practices are done to the cavity pressure transducers inside the mold to determine accurately the filling profile over time.
Samples parts that qualify are taken to the final stage.
- Making corrections; you make any required adjustments on your final tool.
After this, the construction of your tool is verified and the process documented.
This is for future referencing and minimalizes the setup time.
Precise parts are resampled and presented to the customer.
Once the customer approves of the sample presented, you go ahead and launch the production process.
3. How Do You Make Injection Mold Tooling?
For you to make an injection mold tooling, you will have to follow the following steps.
- Reviewing your product; from your prototype, produce the strongest and most cost-effective version that can be manufactured.
You are supposed to reach out to a tooling company to assist you with prototype development.
- Design of the molding tool; after you work out what the parts should be you get a tool designed to create the mold.
The cost and appearance of your mold tool will depend on;
The complexity of the parts; for more complex parts you will require more cavities making it costlier.
If you have more cavities you will save on the number of tools you will need to create.
- In the process of tooling; when you finalize your design, you are left with the creation of the tool.
The making of the mold tooling is most of the time done by the tool designer.
The tool is built to your design specification and then you test it at the tooling facility.
This is done to find out if the injection mold tooling is of good quality or faulty.
injection mold tooling
4. Are There Specific Standards For Injection Mold Tooling?
Yes, there are specific standards put in place for injection mold tooling.
The standards are listed as follows;
- General Specifications Common to all class molds; the standard states that your customer has to approve the tooling before you start construction.
All the molds from injection mold tooling are to have adequate channels for temperature control.
Also, all details are supposed to be marked with steel type and Rockwell hardness.
- SPI Class 101 Molds; the injection mold tooling of this standard is rated to have one million or more cycles.
The base hardness is 280 BHN and molding surfaces have to be hardened to a minimum of 48 Rc.
This tooling has to have wear plates on the slides.
- SPI Class 102 Molds; you are required to have your injection mold design.
The tool with this standard is a medium to high production tool.
Suitable for abrasive materials as well as those that are close tolerance products.
The tooling is rated for less than one million cycles.
Its mold base should have a minimum hardness of 280 BHN.
- SPI Class 103 Molds; you are required to have your injection mold design.
Your injection mold tooling should have a mold base of a minimum hardness of 165 HN.
The cores and cavities standards of the injection mold tooling should be 280 BHN or more.
Its rating is for under 500000 cycles.
- SPI Class 104 Molds; when tooling, your mold base should be of either mild steel or aluminum.
Tooling with this standard is rated for use of under 100000 cycles.
- SPI Class 105 Molds; these tooling standards are only for prototype purposes.
You can only construct the mold base using cast metal or materials that will offer sufficient strength to give you minimum prototypes.
This standard is rated for not more than 500 cycles lifespan.
5. Which Are The Best Injection Mold Tooling Materials?
When it comes to materials for injection mold tooling, the best are aluminum and steel.
Both have unique characteristics that’s why they are used in injection mold tooling.
Their uniqueness is the reason why they are preferred to be used.
Steel is used in cases where you want your injection mold tooling to have the following characteristics;
- Excellent polishing characteristic
- To be able to undergo heat treatment after machining
- Have excellent corrosion, wear and tear resistance
- Should have good thermal stability and hardness.
Aluminum is used in cases where you want cost-effective tooling since steel is expensive.
Also, because it has demonstrated a decrease of 30% in the production cycle makes it is best for this.
Its better heat transfer rate that comes in hand with better conductivity makes it suitable.
6. Why Should You Buy From Injection Mold Tooling Manufacturers From China?
When considering buying injection mold tooling, you will always go for one of high quality and cost-friendly.
China has been in the injection mold tooling business for a very long time.
This simply means that it has gained more experience in the market.
With good experience, it is safe to say that China can manufacture mold tooling of high quality.
Bring in the market for a long, the manufacturers in china have been able to create cost-friendly injection mold tooling.
The cost reduction has not impacted negatively the quality of the injection mold tooling.
If you want to get the value for your money when it comes to purchasing the injection mold tooling, China is where you will get this.
7. What Are the Benefits of 3D Printed Injection Mold Tooling?
The 3D is a great injection mold tooling option if one wants to reduce the cost of production.
This is because it allows you to create mold tooling at a fraction of the cost of traditional methods.
Also, it makes the low-volume production runs to be more cost-effective.
3D printed injection mold tooling
When you use 3D printed injection mold tooling, you will require limited use of the equipment and this also saves on cost.
8. Why Is Prototype Injection Mold Tooling Process?
When you build a prototype for your injection mold tooling, you create a functional sample.
Also, the prototype is used to determine the function ability and the quality of the product.
It is important to have a prototype since it brings about ease in the design and manufacturing process of mold tooling.
Prototyping will help you ensure consistency and efficiency of quality and parts.
With the prototype, you will be able to test the strength of your product.
This is possible if you build your product using the materials used in your prototype.
If you invest in prototyping, you will protect yourself from greater expenditures in the manufacturing process.
You can learn more about prototype injection molding.
9. What Are the Benefits of In-house Injection Mold Tooling Making Process?
In-house injection mold tooling is an extension of the production process.
It will provide your customers with complete manufacturing solutions.
The solutions will provide value in that they reduce the number of retailers and increase the speed of the market.
Also, in-house injection mold tooling reduces the number of interfaces and thus lowers risks that will cause delays or be costlier.
It also reduces the tooling cost while increasing machine productivity.
With this, you can get very high-quality injection mold tooling at a cheaper price.
Also, production uptime is increased by quickly making tooling adjustments in-house.
In-house injection mold tooling decreases the lead time and improves the quality of your parts.
10. What Are the Components of Injection Mold Tooling Design?
The injection mold tooling design comprises the following components.
- Gate; it controls the direction of flow of molten plastic at the end of each channel.
- Runners; a channel through which the plastic molten passes into the mold cavity during the molding process.
- Mold core and cavity; the two create a void space.
The void receives the molten plastic and shapes it to the required plastic injection mold.
11. What Is the Relationship Between Injection Molding Tooling and Tolerances?
Injection mold tooling has impact tolerance.
You are not supposed to specify too many areas that will require a tight tolerance.
The reason being it will be hard for you to achieve those areas consistently.
This will also prolong your design and your modeling process.
Also, it will make the price of your product to be unnecessarily expensive, making it even impossible to design.
12. How Do You Check Quality of Injection Mold Tooling?
Always ensure that your injection mold tooling has passed the following standards to know it’s of good quality.
- ISO 9000; guides companies that want to meet customer quality expectations in injection mold tooling.
- First Article Inspection; is a file that verifies tooling for a given manufacturing process.
- Production Part Approval Process; this establishes confidence for companies in their production process and suppliers.
This process ensures that during production, the parts meet the required standards.
13. Which Are The Recommended Surface Finish For Injection Mold Tooling?
The surface finish for injection mold tooling is very critical.
This is because it improves the look and feels of your tool
Also, the tooling with surface finish has value and its quality increases.
The most recommended surface finish in injection mold tooling is gloss grade A finish.
It is mainly polished surface finish.
Learn more about injection molding surface treatments.
14. How Can You Mount Injection Mold Tooling?
The injection mold tooling can be mounted by machining into the injection mold machine.
mounted injection mold tooling
It can also be fitted using nuts and screws.
Mounting will depend on the machine and the tooling.
15. Is There MOQ For Injection Mold Tooling?
MOQ is the minimum order of quantity you can order from a manufacturer.
There is no specific MOQ for injection mold tooling.
This is because depending on the product, the tooling is of different sizes.
Therefore, give your injection mold tooling a different MOQ.
16. Is It Possible To Have Specific Tolerance For Injection Mold Tooling?
Suggesting the specific tolerance for injection mold tooling is not possible
This is because of the wide range of grades and available materials used for injection mold tooling.
Due to this, suggesting a single tolerance for all these materials is next to impossible.
17. How Will You Know If Injection Mold Tooling Is Right For Your Products?
You will know the injection mold tooling is right for your product if it matches your specifications.
Also, it has to be in the range of your budget so that you do not have a very expensive product with low return costs.
The injection mold tooling is right for your product if it goes hand in hand with your production requirements.
18. How Should You Care And Maintain Injection Mold Tooling?
One needs to care for and maintain the injection mold tooling because by doing so, you can supply quality products.
Also, it helps you reduce downtime that is brought by any mold-related issues.
The care and maintenance of injection mold tooling can be classified into repair and preventive.
Repair happens when something breaks or is damaged in the process of molding.
When this happens, it leads to the production of products that are not of quality standards.
One must make necessary repairs and get your mold tool back in order.
Preventive tool maintenance and care are done at intervals.
You have to constantly check the tooling to ensure that things are not wearing out prematurely.
This is to make sure that everything is in place and you manufacture for your customers’ high-quality products.
For all your questions and inquiry on injection molding tooling, contact us now.