Your Premier Plastic Die Mould Manufacturer in China
Inox Cast is your best solution when it comes to plastic die mould. We have the widest range of plastic die moulding and other equipment in this industry. Inox Cast is eager to boost your company using the best quality machine.
- Provides high quality plastic die mold
- 20 years experience in plastic die mould production
- Composed of latest CNC machines and 3D printing process
- Manufacturing innovative solutions
Why Inox is an Expert in Plastic Die Mould Manufacturer
Inox Cast is a reliable company that manufactures plastic die moulds since 1997. Our company keeps on discovering new ideas and techniques to produce more efficient machines, equipment, and plastic molding. Inox Cast has been the most trusted manufacturer and distributor of plastic die mould in China. Let us help you gained the same experience!
Inox Plastic Die Mould
Inox Cast steel bath mug plastic die mould is manufactured using the latest CNC machines and approved by ISO9001 certifications.
Our plastic stool mould is made from premium quality materials like ABS, TPE and PP. We make sure that it has world-class quality.
At Inox, we can custom plastic injection moulding die is available in different sizes and dimensions. You can also send us your own customization for this equipment.
Inox Cast advanced plastic injection mold can produce eye-catching products and will help you increase your market.
Our plastic injection moulding die offers high efficiency and good performance. It is carefully handled by professional engineers.
This high precision plastic die mould is made by state of the art CNC machines and automated CMM machines.
Inox cast hanger die mold plastic injection offers high mechanical strength and good dimensional consistency.
Our industrial extrusion dies for plastics is made to give satisfactory performance for your business. 100% guaranteed eco-friendly.
This auto car plastic die mould is carefully checked and tested by our engineers to ensure that every detail is high quality.
Inox Cast plastic medical mould has passed the quality standards of ISO9001 and CE. We can assure you that it offers high efficiency.
Our plastic flower pot mould is available in custom made. It can be customized to any designs you want and need.
This Plastic mug mould is developed using CMM machines and state-of-the-art CNC machines. Rest assured, our products and equipment are world-class standards.
Inox Plastic Die Mould
Inox Cast – Your Premier Plastic Die Mould Manufacturer
Inox Cast is producing plastic die mould with the highest quality and performance. For over 20 years, we have been developing new ideas and designs to enhance the quality of our plastic die mould.
With the help of our highly skilled engineers and technical personnel, we are able to produce plastic die mould with satisfactory performance. Inox Cast plastic die mould can be made from ABS, PC, TPE, PP and other materials. It can be purchased in both OEM and ODM services.
Inox Cast plastic die mould features high precision, innovative solution, cost-effective and durable. It is made to help you produce products that will increase your market internationally.
Searching for the most reliable provider for plastic die mould is not an easy job. You need to make sure that they produce machines and equipment with long life services. Inox Cast has been trusted by a lot of customers around the world.
The quality of our produced machines and equipment like plastic die mould helped us earn the trust of our clients. Our plastic die mould comes in different customization. You can also send us your ideal designs and we will install them on your plastic die mould.
Using the latest manufacturing system, chrome plating, painting, powder coating, screen printing and ED coating, Inox cast is capable of providing all the solutions in household appliances, telecommunications, consumer electronics, automotive machines and medical equipment.
Inox Cast is equipped with advanced CNC machines assisted with Gibbs CAM software, automated CMM machines, climate inspection room and real-time x-ray inspection machines.
Inox Cast is composed of more than 1, 000 employees, workers, engineers and professional personnel. We can guarantee you that with our machines and equipment, you can have more progressive business in the future.
Contact us now and send us your inquiries!
Plastic Die Mould: The Ultimate FAQ Guide
I know you are probably looking for more information about plastic die mould.
A reason this guide explores everything you need to know about plastic die mould.
Let’s dive right in.
- What Is A Plastic Die Mould?
- How Does Plastic Dies Compare To Plastic Mould?
- How Do You Use Plastic Injection Mould In Production Process?
- What Is The Best Material For Plastic Die Mould?
- Are There Multi Cavity Plastic Die Mould?
- Are Plastic Die Moulds Suitable For All Materials?
- Are Plastic Die Casting Moulds Durable?
- How Much Do Plastic Die Mould Cost?
- Is There Life Warranty For Plastic Die Mould?
- What Quality Standards Should A Plastic Die Mould Comply With?
- How Should You Maintain Plastic Die Mould?
- Which Are The Components Of Plastic Die Mould?
- Why Should You Buy From Plastic Die Mould Manufacturer In China?
- Which Are The Main Considerations For Plastic Die Mould Design?
- What Are The Main Types Of Plastic Moulding?
- Which Parts Can You Make Using Plastic Die Mould?
- Do You Have Custom Plastic Die Mould?
- What Are The Common Defects From Plastic Die Mould?
- Which Types Of Plastic Moulds Are There?
- How Do You Choose Machine For Plastic Die Mould?
1. What Is A Plastic Die Mould?
A plastic die mold is a tool used to manufacture plastic products. Generally, molten or liquid plastic is poured into a plastic die mould, with the desired shape and allowed to cool and solidify.
plastic die mould
A plastic die mould is designed depending on the shape of the plastic product it should produce.
2. How Does Plastic Dies Compare To Plastic Mould?
Many at times, most people use the terms plastic dies and plastic molds interchangeably. However, these two are distinct.
Below, we will give an in-depth difference between the two.
A plastic mould is a hollow block filled with liquid plastic. The molten plastic will then assume the mould’s shape once it cools.
On the other hand, a plastic die is a cutting object. Mainly, plastic dies are used to create various shapes – ranging from simple to complex shapes.
Generally, plastic molds are applied in the manufacture of plastic products with a hollow middle. Conversely, plastic dies are used to cut out plastic products from a mother plastic media.
In summary, plastic moulds and dies perform almost similar roles. However, one major difference of the two is in the below:
- Time – Plastic moulds take more time compared to plastic dies.
- End Product – Plastic moulds produce more refined and stronger plastic products than the plastic dies.
However, both plastic moulds and dies are effective in their respect.
3. How Do You Use Plastic Injection Mould In Production Process?
Using plastic injection moulding is not complicated as is thought. Similarly, using a plastic injection mould is also straightforward.
First, plastic (resin) pellets are filled into a melting tank. In the tank, the resins are melted at high temperatures.
Next, the hot resin is injected into the mould cavity via the gates. Once in the moulds, the hot resin gradually cools and assumes the shape of the mould.
Finally, ejector pins remove the already formed plastic part from the mould. The formed parts can be boxed and shipped immediately after.
Importantly, the following plastics are the most used in plastic injection moulding:
- Thermoplastic elastomer
- Thermoplastic polyurethane
- Acrylonitrile butadiene styrene
- Nylon polyamide
The main difference between the above plastics is in their chemical composition.
Consequently, you may be forced to get expert advice when sorting for the best plastic to use during injection moulding.
4. What Is The Best Material For Plastic Die Mould?
The efficiency of a plastic die mould is, to some degree, dependent on the material used to manufacture it.
Industrially, the commonly used materials are steel and aluminum. Below, we explain why these two materials are the most preferred.
Most plastic die moulds are manufactured from P20 steel. It is ideal because of the below advantages:
- Satisfactory corrosion resistance
- Superb wear and tear resistance
- Recommendable thermal stability
- Possibility of heat treatment after machining
- It is naturally hard.
- Great polishing ability
All these advantages result from the composition of the P20 steel. Also, with a plastic die mould manufactured using steel, you can produce a minimum of 50,00 units.
However, the key disadvantage of using steel is its fairly high price.
Alternatively, you can use aluminum for your plastic die mould. Aluminum has the following advantages:
- It results in a 30 % reduction in the production cycle time.
- Compared to steel, aluminum’s heat transfer is 5 times better. Better conductivity results to increase in the mould components.
- Aluminum has a much faster and more straightforward heat treatment than steel, which requires annealing.
- Cost-wise, aluminum is more affordable as opposed to steel.
Aluminum has a low-density nature. Consequently, aluminum has the following disadvantages stemming from the preceding fact:
- You will be limited to low production if your plastic die mould is manufactured using aluminum. Aluminum only allows the production of up to 2000 units.
- Also, aluminum can only accommodate a few thousand production moulds before the mould cavities start wearing out.
Notably, you can modify the aluminum standards to that of steel by anodizing or plating with nickel. Your choice of tooling material will entirely depend on your intended application.
5. Are There Multi Cavity Plastic Die Mould?
Yes, there are various types of multi-cavity moulds.
If a die mould has more than one cavity and produces more than one part every production cycle, it classifies to be a multi-cavity mould.
multi cavity plastic die mould
You would prefer a muti cavity mould because of two main reasons:
- First, these moulds result to a high production rate within a short time.
- Also, multi-cavity moulds are more efficient since they maximize every cycle time.
6. Are Plastic Die Moulds Suitable For All Materials?
Plastic die moulds are ideal for several materials. These materials fall under three main categories, namely:
The types of materials usually vary depending on the part being manufactured.
The table below shows some common parts and the suitable materials used in their manufacture.
|Part or Product||Description||Commonly Used Materials|
|Automotive Parts||Suitability of the material is dependent on the specific component||ABS, PET, PC|
|Containers||The various containers used in various industries including food and commercial industries.|
Plastics should be chemical resistant and translucent.
|LDPE, PC, HDPE, Polystyrene|
|Electrical components||Ideal plastics should have low water absorption and also be tough and resistant||PET, TPE, PEI|
|Bearings||Requires strong plastic with high fatigue resistance||Nylon, POM, PET, PPS|
|Valves||The materials should have high chemical resistance.||PET, POM|
|Toys||High impact resistance ad superb toughness||Polystyrene, ABS, PVC|
You can use all the listed materials on the above table, plus many others, to make various product using the plastic die mould.
7. Are Plastic Die Casting Moulds Durable?
The durability of plastic die castings is measured in terms of the number of cycles the mould can accommodate in its entire lifespan.
Durability will depend on two main factors, which are:
- Tooling material – The tooling material used for the die casting mould will dictate its durability. Depending on the composition of the material, the cavities of the die casting mould can wear out quickly or gradually.
- Design – The design of the plastic die casting mould also contributes to its durability.
The die casting mould should be designed for optimal manufacturability.
Incorporating certain features such as cooling ports will reduce the tool’s wear, hence increasing its durability.
In summary, the durability of your plastic die casting mould depends on some independent factors, plus care and maintenance of the tool.
Notably, most plastics die casting moulds manufacturers will mention the estimated number of cycles the tool can accommodate. From this estimate, you can gauge the durability of the die casting mould.
8. How Much Do Plastic Die Mould Cost?
Considering the fact that plastic die moulds come in various sizes and designs, they all can’t have a similar price.
Generally, the price of plastic die moulds will range from as low as 1000 USD to a high of over 80,000 USD.
The huge price difference is dictated by factors such as:
- Customization – The complexity of the customization on your plastic die mould will affect the pricing significantly.
Customization includes cavity and extra features added on the plastic die moulds.
- Tooling material – The cost of the material used for tooling will add to the final cost of the plastic die mould.
9. Is There Life Warranty For Plastic Die Mould?
Plastic Die Moulds have a limited warranty. This implies that the warranties are fixed for a specific period and for the entire lifespan of the plastic die mould.
The main reason for this is that every manufacturer wants to mitigate their risks once the mould is operational. As such, manufacturers usually issue vague warranties.
Having mentioned that, the warranty period will vary depending on the specific tool and manufacturer.
Most manufacturers offer a corrosion resistance warranty of up to 12 months.
10. What Quality Standards Should A Plastic Die Mould Comply With?
Quality standards are put in place to ensure end-user protection. Full compliance of the quality standards ensures the plastic die moulds are efficient and durable.
The common quality standards that you should expect a plastic die mould to comply with include:
- ISO9001:2008 standard – For international standards
- RoSH and SGS Standard – For Quality
- MT standard – For Surface Finishing
11. How Should You Maintain Plastic Die Mould?
Even if a plastic die mould is designed for longevity, poor care and maintenance will significantly reduce its lifespan.
The maintenance of plastic die moulds involves regular cleaning and repair to ensure that the tools are in their best state.
We recommend preventive maintenance by regularly checking you die mould to timely catch any defects.
Importantly, maintenance will help you ensure that you attain consistency in the performance of your plastic die moulds.
Also, your supplier can assist you in the maintenance of your plastic die mould by:
- Optimizing both the part and die design – Definitely, the suppliers have much info pertaining the die mould and how to maintain its quality.
- Choosing the right tooling material will ensure that your plastic die casting mould is easy to maintain and durable.
12. Which Are The Components Of Plastic Die Mould?
The components of plastic die moulds will vary depending on the design of the specific mould. Nonetheless, there are some standard parts in all plastic moulds.
These parts are classified into three main categories:
- Frame plates – Comprises of all the individual mould plates that constitute the plastic die mould.
- Frame components – Includes all the parts within the frame, such as the bushings, return pins, leader pins, bolts, interlocks, and seals. Some toolings, such as ejector pins can also fall into this category.
- Cavity Tooling – This category hosts the components where the part formation occurs. Components included in this category are, for example, cores, pins, sleeves, and cavities.
These three categories that host the various components as highlighted work harmoniously to ensure the efficiency of the plastic die mould.
13. Why Should You Buy From Plastic Die Mould Manufacturer In China?
China is an industrial hub, and hosts various industries and manufacturers of plastic die moulds. This logically implies that the:
- Cost of the plastic die moulds will be fair in China due to competition.
- Competition among the many manufacturers will also guarantee you quality plastic die moulds.
Additionally, China is a industrial innovation hub hence the manufacturers are consistently improving their plastic die moulds by incorporating new technology.
14. Which Are The Main Considerations For Plastic Die Mould Design?
The plastic die mold design should be geared towards optimal manufacturability. The designing process tales into account various considerations such as:
- The tooling material – Commonly, either steel or aluminum.
- Tolerance of the plastic die mould.
- Potential runner sites
Generally, nothing is left to chance during the design of a plastic die mould. The engineers will ensure that everything is considered from the model mold to the actual mold.
15. What Are The Main Types Of Plastic Moulding?
Just as there are various types of plastic die moulds, there are also various types of plastic moulds.
We will discuss the five main types of plastic moulding that are popularly used.
It involves pouring raw liquid plastic into a heated mould and compressing it to the desired shape.
The compressed molten plastic is then allowed to cool before trimmed and ejected from the mould.
Since this method involves the use of high temperatures, it is used to produce strong and durable plastic parts such as replacement parts.
Extrusion moulding can be likened to the cookie-making process of pressing a dough through a press.
In extrusion moulding, molten plastic is pressed through a shaped hole (die), resulting in a lengthy plastic part.
Extrusion moulding is ideal for products with a consistent shape along the length, such as PVC pipes. It allows for high volume production of such products.
Notably, extrusion can be used both as a means and as an end.
As a means, extrusion moulding can be used to inject molten plastic into the moulds.
Conversely, as an end, extrusion itself is used together with a die to make a final product
In this moulding method, raw plastic is heated to a molten state then air is blown into it like a balloon. As the plastic inflates due to the blown air, it touches the mould’s walls and assumes its shape.
Finally, after the molten plastic assumes the shape of the moulds, it is allowed to cool, retaining the mould’s shape.
This method is preferred for hollow plastic materials and has uniform thin walls such as cases, bottles, drums, and tanks.
As the name suggests, rotational moulding entails placing molten plastic inside a mould and rotating it at high speeds.
Consequently, the molten liquid will cover the mould’s entire surface.
After cooling, the resultant product will be a hollow product with uniform wall thickness.
Common plastic products made from this moulding method include bins, road cones, storage tanks, etc
Unlike extrusion moulding where molten plastic is forced through a die, injection moulding involves forcing molten plastic into custom moulds.
Importantly, injection moulding requires high pressure to ensure that every mould is adequately filled and the lower part starts forming almost immediately.
Main plastic materials that can be produced through this method are, for example, car parts –which need to be produced in high volumes.
16. Which Parts Can You Make Using Plastic Die Mould?
Ideally, you can make almost all plastic parts from plastic die mould. Any plastic part you think of, I am pretty sure you can manufacture it using a plastic die mould.
Some common examples of parts made from plastic die moulds include:
- Car parts
- Surgical equipment
- Replacement parts
17. Do You Have Custom Plastic Die Mould?
In the field of manufacturing plastic die moulds, customization is a prerequisite. We offer customization for our various plastic die moulds.
You can liaise with our engineers to come up with efficient and durable plastic die moulds that meet your specific production needs
custom plastic die mould
18. What Are The Common Defects From Plastic Die Mould?
Flaws in the design of a plastic die mould may result in some defects in the manufactured parts. Such defects include:
- Vacuum Voids
- Weld Lines
- Surface delamination
- Burn Marks
- Sink Marks
- Flow lines
19. Which Types Of Plastic Moulds Are There?
The two main types of plastic moulds you are likely to come across include:
- Plastic Liquid Moulds – The medium for these types of moulds is molten plastic.
The liquified plastic is injected and allowed to cool in a premade mould with two halves.
- Plastic Solid Moulds – The solid moulds are ideally used for shaping plastic media.
An ideal example of the use of solid plastic mould is in the manufacture of masks.
20. How Do You Choose Machine For Plastic Die Mould?
Correct selection of a machine for plastic die moulding will cut costs and boost your production.
To choose the correct machine, you should know the below:
- The plastic parts you intend to produce
- Which specific machine type do you need, i.e, electric, hydraulic, or hybrid.
- Injection unit size you require
- The clamping tonnage requirement your production needs.
For all your plastic die casting needs, contact us now.